Crossing Crossing

I liked it! You have a knack for close ups and expressions, great job there. It could use a little editing down, but it was a fun little short regardless. :)

newgamingspies responds:

Thank you! And sorry for not responding! ;-; :'D

Creative Types Creative Types

Beautiful job! Congrats on such a terrific animated music video. You can tell it took a lot of work.

Sucks about the stolen thing, but at least as it says in the song, it shouldn't matter about views. Besides, I don't think this one will have any problem getting lots of 5 stars and whatnot. :)

Linda Show: Chick-fil-A Linda Show: Chick-fil-A

Not your best work. Closer to your worst, to be honest. I don't mean that to be antagonistic, it's just this wasn't great. Maybe it was just too preachy. Or maybe not preachy ENOUGH, if that makes sense. Your others have been so over the top that it becomes funny. This wasn't.

Anyway, looking forward to more Taco Man, and hopefully another 5 years before Linda returns again.

Samination responds:

It was typical Linda Show fare. However, out of all her episodes, I think this is my favorite. I also think it was less preachy.

Kagemono: The Shadow Folk Kagemono: The Shadow Folk

It's tricky to give this a review on Newgrounds. ON NEWGROUNDS, it is fantastic. But that's because it's surrounded by a lot of terrible stuff. I think it's important instead to judge this outside of Newgrounds, in the world of real animation.

In that realm, this was very cute and nicely animated, but it really made no sense. It seemed cute for the sake of cute. The driving motivation of the characters felt shallow and empty, though. It was like some sugary cake covered in icing. Very sweet and nice to look at, but no filling substance. It was animation for animation sake, instead of telling a concrete story with real characters.

That's not to say it was BAD, it's just you need to focus on connecting the characters to actions for a reason, rather than just having actions because it's cute (or you feel like it should be that way). Ollie Johnston once said "YouĆ¢EUTMre not supposed to animate drawings. YouĆ¢EUTMre supposed to animate feelings." I didn't get "feelings" from these characters. When the fox was sad, it was sad because it made little whimpering noises, not because inside it felt sad, if that makes sense.

Your sense of design was quite lovely, and in that regard A+. Once you couple that with compelling characters whose actions are real and true, you'll be set! Keep at it, because you clearly have some great skill to bring to the industry. Much luck!

E&D Christmas 2011 E&D Christmas 2011

Superb!

Short, sweet, and awesome. Just like Darrell! :P

It's great when a cartoon can combine humor and real emotion, and I think the characters really hit a milestone here, showing the depth of their relationship. Nice job!

E&D: The Meeting E&D: The Meeting

I don't know

I'm not sure how much you enjoyed making it, but I can honestly say I REALLY enjoyed watching. They just keep getting better and better. Brilliant.

Rainbow Math Episode Five Rainbow Math Episode Five

I want that job!

Some fun stuff in here. It seems the audio still needs cleaned up a bit, so I'd work on that for the next go around. Lower the input volume and try to move about 12 inches further from the mic. It should help a lot.

Also here's another quick thing. On a character turn, you can just insert one (three would be best) in betweens and it will work better than just flat rotation. Unless you were going for that look. Anyway, keep at it!

kfdwiki responds:

Yes, I'm going for that whole "paper" look in my animation. So that was intended.

Also, I will have to watch that darned audio. Once you get in the recording mood, you don't really think of what you're doing.

"You can get a job yelling at people who are addicted to candy bars? Since when?! I've been wasting my life!"

Hahaha, I wish that was an actual job. What with all these health programs going around, this job may be available soon! XD

~DJG~

Splash. Splash.

Teriffic!

It turned out GREAT, you should be absolutely proud. Wonderful job! It just flows so nicely from start to finish, and the art and effects are spot on. Standing ovation, your best work yet!

CarrotCakeStudios responds:

Thanks JKR! It means alot.
I suppose the 9 can only suggest that there's still some room for perfection =P
Thanks for the review!

Rainbow Math Short-Mohawk Rainbow Math Short-Mohawk

Good start, keep at it!

You've got a good starting point here, with a lot to build on! You're going to want to watch the audio quality, I know that can be tough with just an average computer mic, but little tricks can make sound better. For one, try not to talk too closely directly into the mic. Hold it about 8 inches away and talk right ABOVE the mic. You'll still get good sound but it won't pop and crackle as much.

It's tricky to do lip syncing just on a loop, but if you want to do that it will help if you move the characters more. Make them separate symbols and just motion tween them a bit while they're talking. It will add a lot. Good luck with it, DJ!

kfdwiki responds:

Thank you for their review!

Yeah, I'm a little bad at lip syncing. It's kinda hard and boring and I turn into one of those "whatever, I'll just wing it" moods.

But again, thanks!

E&D: The Party E&D: The Party

Awesome job!

Loved it. The final picture was perfect, and you really nailed the expression. I thought the back and forth between Edmund and Darrel in the opening might have been a touch long, but overall it was brilliant. I knew it would be! You've got a great humor and the voice acting was spot on (though I think the elephant could use a little more soul). Great, great job, and I can't wait to check out the next episode! Everything blended together wonderfully, from the art to the music to the voice work. Keep it up!